- What can I say instead of needless to say?
- What means useless?
- What is another word for excessive?
- What does have a say mean?
- Do you put a comma after Needless to say?
- When all is said and done idiom?
- Is reckon formal or informal?
- What’s the meaning of obviously?
- Is needless to say formal?
- What is another word for needless?
- What is another word for superfluous?
- What does suffice to say mean?
- How is nonetheless used?
- What is another word for clearly?
- What does the phrase Needless to say mean?
- How do you use needless in a sentence?
- Is needless to say a cliche?
What can I say instead of needless to say?
What is another word for needless to say?it goes without sayingit is acceptedas you would expectas might be expectedclearlyas a matter of courseas anticipatedas was anticipatedcertainlyevidently9 more rows.
What means useless?
: having or being of no use: a : ineffectual a useless attempt. b : not able to give service or aid : inept.
What is another word for excessive?
Some common synonyms of excessive are exorbitant, extravagant, extreme, immoderate, and inordinate.
What does have a say mean?
1. Also, have a voice in. Have the right or power to influence or make a decision about something. For example, I want to have a say in this matter, or Citizens want to have a voice in their local government. [
Do you put a comma after Needless to say?
Most of the time, ”needless to say” is not a necessary part of the sentence, and you will see that it’s offset, or surrounded, by commas. If you read the sentence, with the phrase eliminated, the sentence will still make sense and be a complete sentence.
When all is said and done idiom?
: after considering or doing everything —used for a final general statement or judgmentIt won’t be easy, but when all is said and done, we’ll be glad we did it.
Is reckon formal or informal?
Reckon is an informal way to think, its used more in the southern part of the usa.
What’s the meaning of obviously?
You use obviously to indicate that something is easily noticed, seen, or recognized. They obviously appreciate you very much. She’s so obviously cleverer and prettier than I am. Synonyms: plainly, patently, undoubtedly, evidently More Synonyms of obviously.
Is needless to say formal?
“needless to say” has no place in concise or technical writing.
What is another word for needless?
SYNONYMS FOR needless unessential, gratuitous, pointless, uncalled-for.
What is another word for superfluous?
Synonyms & Antonyms of superfluousexcess,extra,redundant,spare,supererogatory,supernumerary,surplus.
What does suffice to say mean?
—used to say that one could give more information about something but that the statement that follows is enoughSuffice to say, she has a lot on her hands with four children.
How is nonetheless used?
In spite of that; nevertheless. Nonetheless is defined as however. An example of nonetheless is using the word between two phrases to show the contrast of the two thoughts such as, “It was pouring outside; nonetheless, he still went for his evening run” which means that he went for a run even though it was raining.
What is another word for clearly?
1. Clearly, definitely, distinctly, evidently imply the way in which something is plainly understood or understandable.
What does the phrase Needless to say mean?
Very likely or obvious, self-evident, as in Needless to say, the availability of assault weapons is closely connected with crime. Although nonsensical at first glance (if unnecessary to say, why say it?), this phrase is generally used for emphasis.
How do you use needless in a sentence?
Needless sentence examplesNeedless to say this faint hope was not borne out by results. … Needless to say, we have a lot of work to do. … All needless ornament was proscribed. … His memory is stained by one act of needless cruelty, the massacre of over two thousand Saracen prisoners at Acre; and his fury, when thwarted or humbled, was ungovernable.More items…
Is needless to say a cliche?
They consider it a cliche, and a particularly overused one at that. It’s very popular in corp-speak, which is no doubt one reason why so many people dislike it so much. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t meet the standard for formal writing. It just means that lots of people don’t like it.