- What is another word for superfluous?
- What is another word for excessive?
- What is to say the least?
- How do you say of course in a formal way?
- When all is said and done idiom?
- How do you use Needless to say?
- What is another word for needless?
- What means useless?
- Is there a comma after needless?
- Is needless to say formal?
- What does have a say mean?
- How do you use that said in a sentence?
- What is another word for clearly?
- What does suffice to say mean?
- How is notwithstanding used in a sentence?
- What does the phrase Needless to say mean?
- Is it needless to say rude?
- What can I say instead of needless to say?
What is another word for superfluous?
Synonyms & Antonyms of superfluousexcess,extra,redundant,spare,supererogatory,supernumerary,surplus..
What is another word for excessive?
Some common synonyms of excessive are exorbitant, extravagant, extreme, immoderate, and inordinate.
What is to say the least?
to not describe something in the strongest way you could, often in order to be polite: The dinner was not tasty, to say the least.
How do you say of course in a formal way?
of course / synonymsby all means. adv.certainly. adv. & int.naturally. adv. & int.needless to say. adv.without a doubt. adv.indubitably. adv. & int.obviously. adv.without doubt. adv.More items…
When all is said and done idiom?
: after considering or doing everything —used for a final general statement or judgmentIt won’t be easy, but when all is said and done, we’ll be glad we did it.
How do you use Needless to say?
You use needless to say when you want to emphasize that what you are about to say is obvious and to be expected in the circumstances. Our budgie got out of its cage. Needless to say, the cat caught it.
What is another word for needless?
SYNONYMS FOR needless unessential, gratuitous, pointless, uncalled-for.
What means useless?
: having or being of no use: a : ineffectual a useless attempt. b : not able to give service or aid : inept.
Is there a comma after needless?
Most of the time, ”needless to say” is not a necessary part of the sentence, and you will see that it’s offset, or surrounded, by commas. If you read the sentence, with the phrase eliminated, the sentence will still make sense and be a complete sentence.
Is needless to say formal?
“needless to say” has no place in concise or technical writing.
What does have a say mean?
1. Also, have a voice in. Have the right or power to influence or make a decision about something. For example, I want to have a say in this matter, or Citizens want to have a voice in their local government. [
How do you use that said in a sentence?
He gave her a look that said he didn’t have all the patience in the world then pulled her arm free again.
What is another word for clearly?
1. Clearly, definitely, distinctly, evidently imply the way in which something is plainly understood or understandable.
What does suffice to say mean?
—used to say that one could give more information about something but that the statement that follows is enoughSuffice to say, she has a lot on her hands with four children.
How is notwithstanding used in a sentence?
His nervousness notwithstanding , the young man looked his interviewer directly in the eyes as he answered the questions. Notwithstanding can also function as an adverb. Its meaning is close to “nevertheless” or “in spite of this”: Although he didn’t have a lot of experience, they decided to hire him notwithstanding .
What does the phrase Needless to say mean?
Very likely or obvious, self-evident, as in Needless to say, the availability of assault weapons is closely connected with crime. Although nonsensical at first glance (if unnecessary to say, why say it?), this phrase is generally used for emphasis.
Is it needless to say rude?
‘Needless to say’ can be annoying, especially when it introduces something that there seems to have been no need to say. However, I think it has legitimate uses.
What can I say instead of needless to say?
What is another word for needless to say?it goes without sayingit is acceptedas you would expectas might be expectedclearlyas a matter of courseas anticipatedas was anticipatedcertainlyevidently9 more rows